Monday 20 December 2010

Recycling Posters.

After Christmas we are going to be starting a new live project, our main task is going to be to create a poster to raise awareness to recycle small electrical goods. I have decided to review some recycling posters to give me an idea of what the client will be looking for, what looks good and what looks bad, and what i would like my final poster to look like. The images i am going to review are some i found on the Internet, i chose to review the images because they caught my attention.


Poster One - Peace Love Recycle.This is a recycling poster that i found on google images. This poster is advertising recycling in general. I like this poster because it has not been put into an organized layout, each image is just placed touching the image next to it, they haven't been layed out as if they were to fit into a grid. Because the poster has been made to represent a different slogan "Peace Love Happiness", it makes it seem more attractive and draws your attention into reading it. I really like the bright colours and the childlike effect of the text, i think this makes it seem more interesting and it doesn't just attract adults it also attracts the younger generations. I think that because it doesn't have a large amount of writing telling you what the poster is aimed at, it makes you more willing to recycle, because when posters have a large amount of text (unless it is a subject you are seriously interested in) you would not want to read it. I would like to make my poster like this as it is very simple but it is very attractive and it represents its outcome clearly.

Poster Two - RECYCLE! Its a plus for the Environment.


I also found this poster on Google images, this is also a poster advertising recycling in general. I like this poster because it seems quite childlike, it could of even been designed by the younger generation. i think it has been aimed at younger people and obviously trying to encourage people of all ages to recycle. It is mainly showing the recycling of paper so maybe this is what it is advertising, maybe it is advertising in pictures rather than words because people tend to be more interested in images. I like the posters layout because it isn't really organized making it seem more simple. I also like that there are images blended into the background showing you how to recycle, but the designer has not made them the main object as it will put people off. I wouldn't use a design like this for my own poster because i think there's a bit to much going on, but i would definitely like my poster to have the same outcome.

Poster Three - you CAN do it! RECYCLE.



This is another poster i found on Google Images I liked this image because it was simple and straight to the point. It is advertising recycling in general and i think that it is really effective. I really like the fact that it has two languages on it, making people who speak in a different language feel more welcome into our country and explaining to them what they should do to help make the world a better place. Although i think the image would look better if the recycling logo was faded out a bit. i think the colours are really bright giving it a happy vibe encouraging people to recycle because it looks fun. When i create my poster i would like it to be like this because the colours are really nice and i like the child like effect it gives.

Poster Four - How many ways can you think of to recycle?

Here is another recycling poster i found on Google Images, this is advertising recycling in general. I like the fact that it is humorous and quite child like. I don't really like the colour combination of the background and the image i think it is to much of a contrast. I really like the fact that the text is small and at the bottom so if your interested you will read further into it to see what it is about, i also like that it is showing you that its the earth your harming by not recycling, i really like the fact that it is straightforward to the point. I would definitely like my poster to look like this because i like the simple cartoon character.

Conclusion:

I have learnt a lot from looking at these posters, it has given me a variety of ideas of what i could use in my poster and what i shouldn't put in my poster. I already had numerous ideas of what i would like my poster to look like, but after looking at the other posters it has given me a more precise idea of what i would like my final outcome to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment